Thursday 28 April 2016

Lush Oxford Street Haul




 

 I have been a fan of Lush Cosmetics for quite some time now, and I'm surprised it has taken me this long to finally dedicate a post to this brand. In August of last year, I visited Lush on Oxford Street in London for the first time and honestly, I felt like I was in heaven. The flagship store is bigger and better than any other Lush store I have ever shopped at and the exclusive products alone make it worth the visit. Therefore it only seemed natural to make a second visit to the store on my trip to London last week and pick up a number of goodies; both products exclusive to the Oxford Street store and products that are part of their existing range.

 Bath Bombs & Bubble Bars:
 
1) Cyanide Pill - £3.50
 
 
This is the one of the products I purchased that is still an exclusive at this store (in addition to Lava Lamp) and I am definitely sad about the fact I won't be able to purchase this again until it is available in all stores. The almond oil based product not only smells divine, but also leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft and moisturised. Despite the actual effect of the bomb in water not being very impressive, I would definitely repurchase this product because of its heavenly scent alone. 
 
2) Lava Lamp - £3.45


Lava Lamp has to be my favourite bath product out of this collection; it ticks all the boxes! First of all, it smells amazing, the orange flower, tangerine and mandarin oil create a lovely citrus scent which is my favourite type of scent for bath products and is perfect for morning baths as it is awakening and rejuvenating. Secondly, the bomb looks exactly as you would expect when dropped into water; a lava lamp. The bubbles of purple layered over the orange glitter don't only look pretty but also do wonders for your skin as the purple is actually olive oil which cleanses and moisturises the skin. 
 
3) Pink Flamingo Bubble Bar - £5.95

    

 Although this bubble bar looks very cute and has a sweet, floral scent, it is not as impressive as other bubble bars I have tried such as Karma. The bar creates a generous amount of bubbles and tints the water a light lilac/pink colour however the bubbles did not last long and I think that in order to perform at its full potential, the entire bar needs to be crumbled under the running water rather than saving some for another bath as I did.  

4) Big Blue Bath Bomb - £3.50

 
(Sorry I forgot to photograph this before I used it!)

I was a little apprehensive to try this bomb as I was not too keen on the seaweed and sea salt scent or the idea of there being seaweed floating around my bath. However I used this after a long day and found it to be incredible for easing tension and sore muscles due to its unique combination of ingredients; seaweed, sea salt, lemon oil and lavender oil. I will definitely be repurchasing this as it is perfect for a relaxing and calming bath.
 
Skincare:
  
 


My new saviour. No, I am not exaggerating, this product honestly seems to have superpowers. It is no wonder this product is the best selling product in the entire Lush range as on my first use, it cleared my skin of any breakouts, dry patches and redness in just 10 minutes. Not only did it make my skin feel incredible, it smelt wonderful too; just like a fresh mug of peppermint tea. This is definitely my favourite Lush product I have ever purchased and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.
  
 


This moisturiser is amazing for leaving your skin feeling super soft and helps to protect your skin from breakouts and dryness in the long term due to its main ingredient, almonds being high in vitamin E. Although this is a little pricier than the average drugstore moisturiser, I think it performs a lot better than any other moisturiser I have used before and is therefore definitely worth the purchase.


What's your favourite Lush product?

Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment